Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oh - do I have a blog??....

I have no excuse.  Well, actually I do:  summer was crazy with compressed classes and sports.  Fall found me on campus 49 hours every week (tutoring and classes only - no studying), my class load increased to 21 units, I began tutoring individually in addition to the group sessions of the spring.  I was elected as President of the campus Student California Teacher Association, attended conferences, was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society, was a girls soccer team manager/asst. coach, senior Booster Club member, School District Site Council member, and - oh yeah- mom.  Whew....I think I may have left out a few things, but I'm trying desperately to block out the fall semester.

So, please, forgive my absence.  I've had the last few weeks off and it's been utter bliss...  One more week and I'm back in the game - although I've significantly reduced my crazy schedule.  Definitely need some "me" time.  The million dollar question is "am I still a veggie"?  Well, yes and no.  Have I cracked and eaten meat?  Yes - but limited amounts and infrequently.  A girl can only go so long, carry so much stress, before convenience creeps in.  However, I have kept the rest of my health choices pretty consistent.  Lots of water, no soda, never fast food (of course - YUCK), lots of fruit and veggies.  However, this last 3 months has really worn me down.  I am in need of a new gym membership where I can simply zone out with my music, get some much needed exercise, and release stress.  Either that - or a boyfriend, lol..

My girls are happy though, mom actually buys them meat!  Of course, they usually have to cook it - but who said life was perfect?  As I write this, I am full of peace, very much at ease, happy and feeling very alive.  My meals lately have included a lot of salads (butter/romaine lettuce, tomato, sliced almonds, crumbled blue or gorgonzola, dried cranberries, raspberry vinagrette), some delightful imported cheese, fresh fruit and water, water, water. 

I will make a concerted effort to blog again before yet ANOTHER year passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome!